One of my favorite makeup brands, Inglot recently hosted top regional bloggers at a beauty-licious retreat – a day with celebrity make-up artist, Ambika Pillai. Here are her top 5 tips and tricks for wearing makeup, that I can’t stop thanking her for:
1. While wearing foundation, NEVER use a lighter tone than that of your skin, to hide flaws such as dark circles or pigmentation. Always find the proper match for your exact skin tone and color (even if it means mixing and matching two or more shades) or opt for a tone darker than your own..
2. Eyes are the windows to your soul and eyebrows are beautiful frames for those windows! Groom your eyebrows well, because they make a huge difference to the overall appearance. Use brow gel to shape your brows and an eyebrow pencil to emphasize them- especially if you have scanty eyebrows.
3. Before working on dark, smoky eyes, remember to sprinkle a generous layer of talcum powder under your eyes and upper cheekbones, to avoid the eyeshadow from spreading. Once the eyes are done, the talcum powder can be simply brushed off with a blusher brush- the stray shadow on the powder does not stick to the skin at all!
4. Always remember to use blusher in a pear-shape. If your face is thin or angular, make sure the blush on the cheekbones is wide and tapers towards the temples. Do the opposite for a full or round shaped face, while attempting to create an illusion of a thinner face – Wider on top, near the temples and tapering off on the apples of the cheeks.
5. Use a good mascara- Work on your lashes in a zig-zag movement, upwards, to avoid clumping. Oh, and you’re meant to change your mascara every 3-4 months- expired products can lead to some serious damage to your peepers!
Thank you Inglot, for some very important tricks to work that magic. Guess I couldn’t help but ‘Fall in Love’ with the new collection in stores at Mall of The Emirates and Dubai Mall, among others.