I love winter just for all the layering options it offers (cant stand the cold weather though). The vests, blazers and the Boots! Check out some simple layering tips that’ll go a long way in sprucing up your winter look:
1. Whether it’s a simple shirt dress over tights or a full sleeved top and trousers, remember to start with light and close- fitting garments and choose thicker, heavier garments as you add layers to your outfit- This will make sure you dont end up looking bulky!
Another basic rule is to start with longer items first, to shorter towards the outermost layer.
2. Add a fine knit vest (over a top/ blouse) or a light, cotton- wool cardigan on top. You could also don a chic faux fur vest over a full sleeved top for dress- Love that look! But keep the rest of your out very simple. Just one statement piece at a time, ladies!
3. Add a blazer or a jacket to the mix. You could even nip the waist with a skinny belt over the jacket or blazer.
4. Dress it up with a lovely scarf and create contrasts. A dd a nice touch with a bow tie or a string of pearls under your buttoned-up shirt collar or shirt dress!
5. Pick out those slouchy, flat ankle boots Boots or wear leg warmers with flat Mary Janes for a chic winter day out!
Avoid a faux pas!
- Don’t repeat textures on layers… especially one after another.
- Don’t wear too many layers- A maximum of three with an additional belt or scarf is advisable.
- Don’t mix prints within the layers