It’s less than a week to go for Ziro Festival of Music, India- a fest that brings together folk musicians and indie acts from across the globe to a picturesque agrarian town in Arunachal Pradesh. From 24-27 September, Ziro will host this one-of-a kind festival for music enthusiasts, travelers and curious folks. I probably fall into the third category and just found a great excuse to travel to the North-East again, which is, by far my favorite region to explore in India.
Since I’m packing for the trip, thought I’d share a few essentials to take on a music festival:
1. It’s bound to be a bit rainy and slushy so 2 pairs of shorts and 2 dresses would be ideal – nothing floor-grazing for sure! A few T shirts and one pair of jeans should be enough for the four day fest.
2. A light jacket is essential because the nights can get cold. I’ve carried a sweatshirt, a very light jacket and a cardigan, just in case.
3. Rainy boots and raincoats are available there at Ziro so no need to carry these and add to your luggage but if you must, then pack a windcheater/ umbrella.
4. Flat shoes are highly recommended – flat boots or sneakers are best!
5. Torch/ flashlight and batteries! You might not have access to your reliable battery brand there so stock up for cameras/ flashlights/ whatever else you use batteries for.
6. I’d bring my own toilet paper and wet wipes for the campsite- its light and doesn’t take up much space and for some reason its such a huge relief just knowing its there with you. Also, I’m not sure what the bug situation is like, but carrying a mosquito repellent would be a good idea.
7. Sunscreen, dry shampoo, hand sanitizer, deodorant/ fragrance, shower gel, leave-in conditioner, tampons/ pads. Oh and a towel.
8. Neck pillow. Coz I’m a dork.
9. Flower crown- because where else can you wear it?!
10. IMPORTANT: One Photo id and a copy and 2 passport size photo graphs for the permit to enter Arunachal Pradesh. (More info here: http://arunachalipr.gov.in/ILPEntry.htm)
So hope this was helpful and see you at Ziro Festival of Music!