High street brand Splash showcased its Spring Summer 2015 collection under the theme ‘Brave New World’ aiming to urge us to go back to where it all started. The theme explored that new dimension of the world by paying homage to simplicity and infusing the luxury of fashion that surrounds us.
Under the Zen mode, Splash incorporated the city landscape and lifestyle into the larger picture, presenting oriental influences on the runway. Basic silhouettes were juxtaposed with luxe fabrics and interpreted in a way that appeared almost close to nature. Under the ‘Gypsyset’ theme, Splash explored the bohemian trend with modern updates – tassels, suede and flower power.
Detailed collection note (women):
The collection has strong Far East exotic Japanese influence with a good mix of classic and new silhouettes. Features include:
- Mix of fabrics and textures that stimulate paper, jute and fibre.
- Flowly silhouettes adds to the free flowing spirit being captured in the collection.
- Strong presence of prints which are both tropical and florals
- Colors range from cotton white , classic neutrals with injection of bright colors and black and gray accents
Key pieces include boxy kimono tops, long tabard tunics, Bermuda coolots, jumpsuits and Bardot tops
Splash attempts to capture the mysterious, free-spirited bohemian and gypsy spirit with this collection. Features include:
- Suede fringes bring back the retro trend.
- Paisley prints
- Key pieces include floral printed maxi dresses, maxi skirts,70’s inspired flared pants, capes and ponchos
- White, tan, yellow, orange and off-whites dominate the collection.
- Summer darks also make an appearance with vine, dark tans, black and blood reds.
This range will be added to the ‘Splash Studio’ collection that was introduced last season which specifically features the runway pieces.
The breathtaking venue Rooftop Terrace at Jumeirah Emirates Towers was divided into three stunning areas with the guests first being welcomed into the pre-party zone which served them premium refreshments and time to mingle and soak in the décor. The main show area was transformed into a garden which brought out the contrast yet highlighted the way nature and modernity blends in seamlessly. 42 models sashayed down the runway in a surreal set that came to life with the energy from the audience.
The collection presented on the runway will be available from mid-April in store while all the looks from the catwalk are available on www.landmarkshops.com/splash and Facebook.com/Splashfashions.