If your hair is driving you crazy this monsoon, tame your tresses and bid goodbye to terrible hair days with the ballerina bun. It’s chic, manageable and super trendy right now!
What you need:
1) A spray bottle full of water
2) Leave in conditioner and hair gel
3) Fine toothed comb and a hair brush
4) Bobby pins and U pins
5) light and thin elastic band- not scrunchies!
6) Hair net that matches your hair color.
1) Detangle your hair with the brush. Dip your fine comb into a small tumber of water and run it through your hair.
2) Freshly washed hair is not ideal for this style so wait a day or two after a hairwash. Pull the hair back tightly (not so much that it starts to hurt!) and gel your hair at the crown and sides or wherever else you see flyaways.
3) Form a pony tail by brushing the hair up from the jawline to the top part of the back of the head. Make sure the pony starts from just below the crown. Secure the pony with the small and tight elastic band and tuck away hair with u pins and bob pinks from behind the ears and under the high pony.
4) Apply gel onto the pony and comb through for a sleek, manageable bun. Whip up the hair clockwise into a twisted bun by coiling the pony into a tight circle. Use a few “U”-shaped hair pins all around the coil to secure it to the rest of the hair. Slide each pin through the outer part of the coil, then into the base of the bun.
5) Cover the bun with a fine hairnet and secure it with pins. You could also just skip the net if you don’t intend to keep the bun on for a long time. At this point you could use hairspray to keep this style in place for long hours but I don’t recommend so much product use at one time.